Monday 19 November 2012

Moonwalk Training - session 1


So a few weeks ago we signed up to walk the Moon Walk Marathon in London in May 2013.

This morning was my first training session and I have to admit, I’m excited to get started.

It’s been difficult to get the Winchester Wonder Women together for a session as we’ve all been busy. A few of the girls work full time, one or two work part time, so day time walks will be left to a few of us, schedules permitting.

I do hope we will work out   some sort of regular training sessions as a group in the New Year as I think I will prefer walking with company than on my own.

There’s a few audio book apps on the iPhone which I might download. If they work with Walk Star (my fabulous pedometer free app) then that might be fun – walk and listen to a good book at the same time.

Alternatively, a few podcasts of Christiane Amanpour from CNN would be good to listen to while walking, or TEDTalks.

This morning was a simple walk with Sara – we chatted and walked, and before we knew it, we were THERE. We’d walked from my place to Winchester and we both felt like we could keep going so we did.

Sara knew a lovely walk back by the river and playing fields and then back to the main road and home.

My Walk Star stats for today:

  • Distance: 2.33 miles (3.72km)
  • Duration: 1.32 hours
  • Calories: 313.9
  • Speed: 1.5 mph (2.4 kpm)
  • Steps: 9361
  • Blisters: 1


We worked out we’d have to do that exact walk, 11 times to equal the 26 miles we’ve committed to!

All we wanted to do this morning was have a wee and a drink!

Still, it’s a start

With friendship
x

No comments:

Post a Comment